Choosing the right sunglasses could be a cumbersome task but keeping in mind a few factors including your face structure and the colour can help in finding the right piece.
Jatiin Khurana, founder of eyewear brand Mango Pickles, shares some tips while choosing the right sunglasses.
* Basic tips to choose the right sunglasses for a person is knowing your face-cut and then picking a frame for yourself.
– Heart-shaped face can always opt for a retro square, cat-eye and sporty eye-wear. Frames that are wider on the top than they are on the bottom works well for a heart-shaped face.
– Round-shaped faces should go for an oversized, rectangular and angular shaped frames which can be retro square, cat-eyed and basic squares.
– People with an oval face shape can invest in frames that are neither too big nor too small. Buy an Aviator, an oversized and retro square frames to look glamorous.
– There are people with a rectangular face shape who can opt for round, shield and aviator frames. Having a strong jaw and a wide forehead, they should always choose sunnies with soft lines or rimless edges.
* Colours and frames also need to be kept in consideration.
– Light people with warm undertones should go for warm-toned neutrals and more saturated shades like umber, cypress and plum while cool undertones should avoid yellows, greens and ambers but should opt for dusk, cameo fade or blush. Pinks and blues tend to flatter them.
– Medium people with warmer undertones should invest in greens, amber fade and tortoise shades, while people with a cooler tone should go for cherry shades, blues and reds.
– Shades like brindle fade, or hemlock, or metallic with granite compliments deep people with warm undertones. People with cooler undertones should go for purple and black, shades like plum, cadet, and ochre look really good on them and they can even carry blue based and greens like forest.